TempurPedic Lifespan: How Long Does A TempurPedic Mattress Last?
TempurPedic is one of the most known mattress manufacturers in the market. A few things make it stand out, and the most important one is the material they use in their mattresses. It’s not ordinary foam—it’s the so-called Tempur material aimed at taking sleep quality to a new level.
Does it mean that TempurPedic mattresses last longer than regular all-foam mattresses? Not exactly. Like most other manufacturers, TempurPedic gives a 10-year warranty for most mattresses, but they can actually last longer if you know how to care about them properly. So how long do tempurpedic mattresses last? Let’s find out.
How long do TempurPedic mattresses last & do they have different lifespans?
What’s TempurPedic life expectancy? There is no single answer to this question. First, this manufacturer produces mattresses made of different materials. Second, a lot depends on how a sleeper cares about their mattress. Third, TempurPedic mattresses are made of special Tempur materials—and it’s not ordinary foam, which is another important thing to consider.
So, let’s take a look at all Tempur mattresses and their basic characteristics.
|Price||From $1,189.30 for twin to $1,1679.30 for CA king (with a discount)||From $1,799 for twin to $3,598 for Split CA king||From $2,699 for twin to $5,398||From $3,199 for twin to $6,398 for Split CA king (with a discount)||From $3,499 for Twin long to $6,998 for Split CA king (with a discount)|
|Overview||Made of Tempur material—a special memory foam manufactured only by Tempur-pedic. Can be classified as an all-foam mattress. Special sizes like Twin long and Split king are available.||Made of Tempur material, can be classified as an all-foam mattress, but a hybrid option with 1000+ coils is available, too. Special sizes like Twin long, Split king, Split CA king are available.||Made of Tempur material, can be classified as an all-foam mattress, but a hybrid option with 1000+ coils is available, too. Special sizes like Twin long, Split king, Split CA king are available.||Made of Tempur material, can be classified as an all-foam mattress. Special sizes like Twin long, Split king, Split CA king are available.||Made of Tempur material, can be classified as an all-foam mattress, but a hybrid option with 1000+ coils is available, too. The mattress feels cool due to innovative cooling technology. Special sizes like Twin long, Split king, Split CA king are available.|
|Expected lifespan||10-year warranty, expected lifespan—8-10 years||10-year warranty, expected lifespan—8-10 years||10-year warranty, expected lifespan—8-13 years||10-year warranty, expected lifespan—8-13 years||10-year warranty, expected lifespan—8-15 years|
As you can see, TempurPedic mattresses are not cheap. The thing is the company doesn’t use ordinary memory foam like most other manufacturers—they produce and use the Tempur materials aimed at providing better pressure relief, isolating all the motion, adapting to a sleeper’s body perfectly, and offering both softness and support. Most mattresses have 5 layers of different materials, come in plenty of firmness levels, including hybrid-medium firmness, which means that the mattress will also have 1000+ coils that make them extra supportive.
* Includes memory foam mattresses and memory foam hybrid mattresses only.
It’s high time for changes: When to replace TempurPedic mattress?
TempurPedic mattresses can last up to 15 years. However, we mentioned that the expected lifespan is 8-15 years. But the length of TempurPedic mattress life depends on how you care about the mattress and the way you use it. Here are the things that can make your TempurPedic mattress last longer or reduce its lifespan.
- How often you use it. If you use a TempurPedic mattress in your guest room, it can last for decades. However, if you sleep on it every single night, if you let pets sleep on it, if your kids love jumping on it, this will significantly reduce its lifespan. It’s all about wear and tear.
- How you care about the mattress. If you change the bedding often (we all are sweating, there are body oils left on the bedding and mattress, and any foam, including Tempur material absorbs moisture), try not to spill anything on your mattress. If you clean it from time to time, it will last much longer.
- How much pressure is put on the mattress. Weight is important, too. Coils in hybrid models of TempurPedic mattresses wear out, and foam is slowly deforming under pressure. So, a mattress used by a lightweight sleeper is likely to last longer than a mattress used by two people who weigh more than average.
So how do you know it’s time to change your TempurPedic mattress?
It’s time to look for a new bed if your mattress is lumpy, if it’s sagging, smells bad, and doesn’t support your body well anymore.
How long will a TempurPedic mattress last if you care about it?
Your TempurPedic mattress can last up to 15 years or even more if you care about it. Here are some tips that will help it last a lot longer:
- Avoid spills at all costs—moisture damages mattresses. You’ll need to make a lot of effort to get rid of it and remove the stains.
- Buy a waterproof protector—it’s just the easiest way to keep your mattress dry. Use a proper bed base.
- Vacuum your mattress from time to time, at least every 2-3 months.
- Change bedding once a week or at least 2 times a month.
- The manufacturer also recommends not using electric blankets and heating pads and not rotating/flipping the mattress.
If you follow these recommendations, your mattress will last much, much longer.
Conclusion: How long do TempurPedic beds last?
TempurPedic mattresses are pretty expensive, and unlike some latex mattresses, they don’t last up to 25 years. Nevertheless, they are popular and thousands of people keep buying them. So, what’s the secret? The thing is Tempur material works better than regular memory foam. Each mattress has 5 layers of Tempur material of different densities, isolates motion perfectly which makes it the best option for couples, is conforming to your body, and provides great support. If you care about a TempurPedic mattress properly, you can enjoy a healthy night’s sleep on the most comfortable mattress for up to 15 years.
How often should you replace a TempurPedic mattress?
It depends on how you care about your mattress. TempurPedic mattresses come with a 10-year warranty but can last up to 15 years if you follow all the recommendations from a manufacturer.
What to do with an old TempurPedic mattress?
You can dispose of it in three ways: recycle it, donate it or use a junk removal service.
How long do TempurPedic pillows last?
They can last for 5+ years. The durability depends on how you use and care about your TempurPedic pillow.
Do TempurPedic mattresses wear out?
Yes, like any other mattresses. A manufacturer gives a 10-year warranty for most mattress models, but they can last longer if you care about them properly.
Do TempurPedic mattresses get softer over time?
Yes, like any other foam mattresses. Tempur material is not like regular foam, but it still adapts to your body and gets softer when adjusting to your body temperature.