Puffy Mattress Review
- Segment: From medium-price to luxury
- Puffy mattress materials: Memory foam, foam + coils
- Organic: No
- Risk-free trial period: 101-night trial
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty
- Puffy mattress shipping and returns: Free shipping & returns
- Who will love it: hot sleepers, people who love balanced foam feel, couples looking for good motion isolation, back sleepers, most light and medium-weight side sleepers, people who toss and turn a lot
- Who won’t love it: larger people who look for a lot of extra support, stomach sleepers looking for firmer mattress
Puffy is a relatively new brand on the market of bed-in-a-box mattresses, but it quickly became one of the most popular mattresses in the United States. Currently, it offers 3 models of mattresses, Puffy Mattress, Puffy Lux Mattress, and Puffy Roal Mattresses which have pretty interesting components and features, as well as plenty of other parts of bedding.
But are they good enough? Are Puffy mattresses overpriced or not? What complaints do people have about this brand? What about the warranty, shipping, and free trial? Find the answers to these questions below.
Puffy company details
- Owner: Arthur Andreasyan
- Awards: Best Memory Foam Mattress 2021 according to Sleep Matters, Best Memory Foam Mattress according to Our Sleep Guide, Best Memory Foam Mattress for 2021 according to Best Mattresses Guide, Best Mattress For Side Sleepers according to Mattress Advisor, Best-Rated Mattress In-A-Box according to Healthline, Best Foam Mattress 2021 according to The Mattress Nerd, Best Mattress 2021 according to Best Mattress Picks, Best Mattress For Pressure Relief according to Mattress Advisor
- Other items the brand produces: Bases, pillows, pads, protectors, comforters, toppers, blankets, sheets
What to expect from Puffy mattresses: Is it worthy of consideration?
All three Puffy mattress models are designed and made in the USA. All of them are also shipped in a box right to a buyer’s doorstep within three business days. If a customer realizes that they chose a wrong (too soft, firm, bouncy, etc.) mattress, the company will pick it up for free and give them a full refund.
You can return it within 101-night trial. If you like it and keep it, you will not have to worry about its future — the company provides the lifetime warranty regardless of the mattress you choose. It can be used with any type of bed base or frame (unless it’s inappropriately sized base, in this case, warranty will be voided.)
Shipping is also free, however, charges are applied for customers who want their mattresses to be delivered to Alaska or Hawaii.
A quick overview of Puffy mattress: warranty, weight limit, layers
Puffy negative reviews
There are a few main complaints about Puffy. Some customers who purchased a Puffy mattress note that it may get extra warm at night and that they need to spend more money on a gel cooling topper. Some buyers also note that it is sagging over time and becomes softer. Many customers also note that the support service is too slow. Some people also note that the mattress was too soft/firm for them, but it’s not actually the manufacturer’s fault as far as it is a highly subjective criterion.
Koala’s wrapping up
Obviously, this company has a lot of confidence in their product — there are a very few manufacturers that produce memory foam mattresses and offer the lifetime warranty. Puffy offers 3 models, including all-foam models and foam + coils mattresses, so every sleeper can find something that is good for them personally. Larger back sleepers may need something firmer, though. Shipping is free, 101-night trial is offered, returns are also free, so buying a Puffy mattress online is safe.
Puffy mattresses don’t suit you? Check out these
There are plenty of great options on the market, so if you think that you can find something better than Puffy for yourself and/or your family members, take a look at these brands and their products:
- Saatva and Loom & Leaf — a bit pricier but extra high quality
- Nectar — similar foam mattresses
- DreamCloud — memory foam + coils
- Helix — the widest range of mattresses
- Casper mattresses — from budget foam mattress to luxury hybrids
We also recommend checking out such brands as Purple, Lull, Leesa, Avocado, Zenhaven, Amerisleep, Allswell, and PlushBeds.
How to care for Puffy mattress?
There are a few recommendations from the manufacturer. Though Puffy mattresses come with washable, stain-resistant covers, the company recommends mattress protectors to prevent any kind of damage. It should also be placed on the appropriately sized and suitable foundation and deep cleaned every few months. The manufacturer also recommends keeping pets away from the bed and preventing kids from jumping on the bed.
How to return Puffy mattress?
All customers must try out their Puffy mattress for a minimum of 14 days. If they are not satisfied with it, they can return it without explaining the reasons by contacting the support. Mattresses are donated to a local charity, and a customer gets a full refund.
Does Puffy mattress need mattress pad?
As we have noted above, mattress come with washable, stain-resistant covers. However, you can use it to provide better protection and enjoy more comfortable sleep.
Do you need a box spring for a Puffy mattress?
No, you don’t need a box spring for Puffy mattresses.
Does Puffy mattress ever go on sale?
Yes, the company offers pretty generous discounts regularly.
How long does a Puffy mattress last?
It depends on a model you choose (pricier mattresses are more durable), but generally speaking, all these mattresses usually last 10-15 years.